Shrink wrap packaging guide
- The idea of pallet shrink wrap is that tension is used to hold a number of items together.
- Black pallet shrink wrap can be used to shield items from view.
- To use shrink wrap in the correct manner tension must be applied as it is wrapped around the items. The shrink wrap must be pulled taut as it is wrapped around the items.
- Place the outside of the shrink wrap to the pallet surface.
- Secure the shrink wrap to the pallet base.
- Ensure shrink wrap covers the base of pallet and the bottom layer of the load.
- Wrap the bottom of pallet twice to secure the load.
- Overlap the shrink wrap by 30 to 50%.
- Depending on the weight of your load, consider wrapping the pallet twice.
- To increase the strength, use the shrink wrap horizontally to create a "strap".
- Use a handheld stretch film dispenser for rapid easy application and to prevent injury through straining or repetitive use.
- You should use the thinnest gauge of shrink wrap that will be strong enough to properly wrap your goods.
|12.5/13 micron shrink wrap|
|15, 17 and 19 micron shrink wrap|
|21/25 microns shrink wrap|
|35/38 micron shrink wrap|
- Add the height and length together, increase it by 10% and then divide this figure into the length of the roll.
|Cast shrink wrap||Blown shrink wrap|
|Load retention||Stretches easily.||Slightly more force required to stretch film.|
|Film yield||Additional stretching can be obtained easier through lower micron blown films.||Re-stretching the film once its applied is extremely difficult.|
|Clingyness of the film||Naturally clingy on both sides.||One sided clingy only.|
|Visual clarity||Perfectly clear, makes reading and scanning in warehouse light easy. High gloss can cause reflections.||Hazy and dull which makes reading more difficult. It has lower gloss with reduces reflections.|
|Noise on unwinding||Very quiet when being unwound.||Loud when being unwound from the roll.|
|Puncture resistance||Good puncture resistance. Tearing can occur if stretched too much.||Great puncture resistance.|
|Paintings and prints|
|Soaps and candles|
- Pallet top covers provides protection against dust, moisture, and UV rays. They can also assist in load concealment and security.
- Pallet top sheeting is essential to ensure pallet loads are protected.
- Pallet top sheeting is necessary for protecting pallet loads such as: electronics, clothes, furniture etc. to long term dust collection. Securing a pallet with stretch film will not keep dust from accumulating on the top of a pallet. Pallet top covers can be quickly applied during machine or hand stretch film applications.
- Storage in wet and humid environments Condensation, humidity and moisture can damage and destroy the majority of products bought. Depending on the level of moisture present in the environment, pallet sheeting can provide good protection. For products stored in high humidity environments, pallet top sheeting is an excellent option.
- Protection for products sensitive to UV rays Opaque top sheeting with opaque stretch film can help protect products sensitive to UV rays.