Polyethylene bags are commonly used as general market bags. They are not biodegradable and polyethylene is usually not recyclable as well. An alternative to them is polypropylene bags.
Polypropylene bags are made using the thermoplastic addition polymer, polypropylene. Polypropylene bags are constructed so they can easily be recycled due to the number '5' as its resin identification code. Polypropylene is also biodegradable and will never accumulate if thrown in the garbage. These bags undergo a chain reaction which degrades them in the presence of sunlight.
Polypropylene bags can be used for promotional use. Though these bags are less dense in comparison to LDPE (low-density polyethylene), their chemical composition makes it feel stronger and stiffer.
Polypropylene is heat resistant, which means it will not get softened at high temperatures. Users can easily put the hot material within them.
Are polypropylene bags of archival quality?
- Yes, polypropylene bags are safe for archiving and conservation purposes.
- Polypropylene is the most widely accepted commercial archival storage material.
- The polypropylene used in our polypropylene bags is naturally acid free and lignin free.
What is polypropylene made from?
- Polypropylene bags are made of 100% virgin ultra clear polypropylene plastic.
- Biaxially oriented polypropylene (BOP) plastic is used for the re-sealable lip and tape.
- BOP offers an even higher grade of clarity and is resistant to tears and wrinkles.
Can polypropylene bags be recycled?
- Modern waste management facilities now accept polypropylene for recycling.
- Please check with your local recycler regarding proper separation and identification of materials.
Can lip tape of the clear poly prop bag be resealed?
- Yes, the adhesive used on our standard lip and tape bags is similar to "Post-It Notes".
Will high clarity polypropylene bags turn yellow?
- No, old fashioned polypropylene bags made from cellulose (a wood product) turn yellow with age.
- Polypropylene bags are made from very stable and non-reactive material with no hazardous decomposition characteristics.
Polypropylene bag sizes
|234 × 324mm||C4||C4 envelopes are designed to fit unfolded sheets of A4 paper. C4 envelopes are classed as Large Letter.|
|167 × 230mm||C5||C5 envelopes will comfortably hold A5 sheets of paper. C5 envelopes wll hold A4 documents folded in half once.|
|120 × 162mm||C6||Greeting cards|
|83 × 113mm||C7||Greeting cards|
|115 × 220mm||DL||DL envelopes are used to send business letters. They are designed to take a sheet of A4 paper that has been folded lengthwise into three equal sections.|
|130 × 175mm||Euro greeting cards|