Type of pallet strapping
|Extruded polyester strapping|
- Polyester strapping is the strongest pallet strapping material.
- The highest initial tension can be applied and retained over a period of time compared to other pallet strapping materials.
- Extruded polyester strapping is the most rigid of all pallet strapping materials.
- Polyester is nick resistant and can be sealed with seals, heat or friction welds.
- Polyester offers the greatest strength and highest retained tension of all pallet strapping.
- Extruded polyester strapping is frequently used on heavy duty loads that need high initial tension along with high retained tension during handling and storage.
- Polypropylene strapping is the most economical type of plastic strapping. It is the the least expensive of all strapping materials.
- It is light and easy to apply and recycle.
- Polypropylene strapping characteristics include high elongation and recovery and low retained tension.
- Available in both manual and machine grade and can be sealed with buckles, seals, heat seals or friction welds.
- An excellent choice for light duty palletizing, unitizing, carton closing and bundling.
- Can be used in all semi-automatic strapping machines.
- Steel strapping is the strongest of all strapping materials.
- It is recommended where high strength is necessary, low elongation is important and where the product is extremely sharp or hot.
- It is sealed using snap-on metal seals.
- Ribbon wound steel strap is wound once, oscillation wound steel strapping is wound on top of each other again and again.