Wheelie bin size guide
- The following table gives the approximate wheelie bin sizes.
- N.B. All dimensions are for guidance only.
|120/140 litre bin||Approximately 15.7 × 15.7 × 20"|
|240 litre bin||Approximately 19.5 × 22.5 × 26.5"|
|360 litre bin||Width = 880mm Height = 1100mm Depth = 665mm|
|660 litre bin||Width = 1260mm Height = 1160mm Depth = 772mm|
|1100 litre bin||Width = 1380mm Height = 1460mm Depth = 1075m|
Black refuse sacks
- Refuse sacks are disposable bags used to contain rubbish.
- Refuse bags are useful to line the insides of waste containers to prevent the insides of the container from becoming coated in waste material.
- Refuse sacks are made out of plastic and are typically black in colour.
- Plastic refuse sacks are a convenient and sanitary way of handling rubbish.
- Plastic refuse bags are lightweight and are useful for messy or wet rubbish.
- Refuse bags are often used for lining litter or rubbish bins.
- Refuse refuse sacks can be incinerated with their contents in appropriate facilities.
- Most commonly the plastic used to make bin bags is LDPE, LLDPE or HDPE.